What is this?
The 2017 BVIABC Volunteer Incentive Program!
What’s in it for you?
- Gain a sense of pride and investment in your membership, by giving back to the chapter, the association, and the profession.
- Gain experience in areas you may not encounter in your regular job or through other volunteer work.
- Find out more about what IABC has to offer its members and chapter leaders.
- Decide to become a chapter board member.
- Be the Grand Prize Winner and receive a member registration + hotel stay for Connect17, IABC Southern Region’s Conference, happening October 25–27, in Houston!
- Be the First Runner Up and receive a free member ticket to the BVIABC October and November 2017 Lunch + Learns!
What’s in it for the chapter?
We need your help!
- We’re a volunteer board of five people that run Brazos Valley IABC as a non-profit business providing professional development for communicators.
- There’s a lot of moving parts and we all have real jobs, families, and other causes we support.
- By recruiting members as chapter volunteers, we hope to gain future board members.
– We cannot continue in these roles forever. Without new volunteers who then become new board members, the sustainability of our chapter is at risk!
— Note: While non-members can participate as chapter committee members/volunteers, they cannot be board members at any level of the association (or committee members at the regional or international level) without first becoming a member.
What are the rules?
- You must remain a member in good standing of the Brazos Valley IABC chapter through the duration of the program.
— If you have questions about your membership status or would like to join, please contact our VP of Membership, Manda Jackson, at email@example.com.
— Current BVIABC board members are not eligible.
- You must send an email to Marie Lindley, VP of Finance and President-Elect, at firstname.lastname@example.org each time you have completed a task.
– She will verify tasks and keep tallies of points earned.
– Include 2017 BVIABC Volunteer Incentive Program in the subject line of each email.
– Include your name, the task, and the date you completed the task in each email.
- The member who has the most points on October 1 will win the Connect17 Conference package (member registration fee + hotel stay)!
- The member who comes in second in the points race will win a free member ticket to the BVIABC October and November 2017 Lunch + Learns!
What do you have to do?
Below is a list of various tasks and the points that can be earned for performing them, along with the appropriate board member to contact for more information.
Professional Development — Contact: Courtney Bosquez, VP of Professional Development, at email@example.com
- Work the Registration Table at the April Lunch + Learn (25 points)
- Work the Registration Table at the May Lunch + Learn (25 points)
- Work the Registration Table at the June Lunch + Learn (25 points)
- Work the Registration Table at the September Lunch + Learn (25 points)
- Suggest a Speaker for Lunch + Learn (20 points)
- Suggest a Topic for Lunch + Learn (10 points)
- Volunteer for the Professional Development Committee & perform at least 3 tasks as assigned by the VP of Professional Development (150 points)
Membership — Contact: Manda Jackson, VP of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring a Guest to a Lunch + Learn (35 points per guest)
- Renew your Membership (75 points)
- Refer a New Member (They must complete membership registration!) (100 points per new member)
- Volunteer for the Membership Committee & perform at least 3 Tasks as assigned by the VP of Membership (150 points)
Communication — Contact: Courtney Coufal, VP of Administration & Communication, email@example.com
- Write a Guest Blog Entry (100 points)
- Ask a question or start a conversation on Slack about a current communications topic (5 points)
- Volunteer for the Communications Committee & perform at least 3 tasks as assigned by the VP of Communication (150 points)
Questions, comments, or concerns? — Contact Jennie L. Lamb, President, firstname.lastname@example.org.